Top 5 Tips For Driving In Wet Weather
With wet weather currently in Nigeria, we thought it would be time to write about the risks involved of having low tread tyres in our wet weather conditions and some safety tips to abide by.
- Stay alert on the road. Reaction time in wet weather is incredibly important as your braking distance increases.
- Your reactions will need to be faster to prevent a collision.
- Increase the distance between yourself and the car in front. Leaving a larger space means you will have a longer time to react to any collisions ahead.
- Reduce your speed on wet weather roads. There is no legal requirement for this but Alfa Tyre Protector recommends using best judgement in wet conditions.
- Invest in quality tyres. Breaking distance can be up to 30% longer than when in wet weather conditions, having a lower tread tyre can increase this even more. It is important to check your cars tread to see if it is roadworthy, Alfa Tyre protector recommends changing your tyres once they reach around 3mm left on their tread. Premium Tyre Brands can also help with stopping distance as seen in our other blog talking about replacing my tyre when should 1. If you drive frequently in rainy conditions, investing in good wet weather tyres is a good option.
- Regular check-ups on headlights and windscreen wipers. Alfa Tyre Protector recommends checking your headlights once a month just to make sure they are still both working. Not being seen in wet weather can lead to a collision.
Looking for the best wet weather tyres in Nigeria?